Castel Sallegg Pinot Grigio “Selection”
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Pristine, low yielding Alto Adige Pinot Grigio!
- Vineyards are set in an ideal microclimate on the deep, sandy and loamy soils above Lake Caldaro.
Varietal Composition: 100% Pinot Grigio
Elaboration: Filtered pre-clarification and subsequent temperature controlled fermentation at 59-65°F. Following fermentation, 95% of the wine is aged in stainless steel tanks on the fine lees for 4 months, while the remaining 5% is stored in barrique casks. Yields: 60hl/ha
Tasting Notes: Filtered pre-clarification and subsequent temperature controlled fermentation at 59-65°F. Aged in stainless steel tanks on the fine lees for 4 months. Yields: 50hl/ha
Castel Sallegg is an iconic property located between the peaks of the Dolomite Alps in the area surrounding Lake Caldaro. In 1851 the castle and surrounding land was purchased by Archduke Rainer of Austria, and the property was later inherited by the Counts von Kuenburg family. Today Georg von Kuenburg, along with enologist Matthias Hauser, ensure that quality and tradition continues at this venerable estate.
The Castel Sallegg estate today is without question one of Alto Aldige’s premier producers, and is most known for the quality of its Schiava, Lagrein, and Moscato Giallo, all varietals that thrive in the unique microclimate of Lake Caldaro.