Château de Brossay
Originally, the castle was a 15th century mansion. It was in the middle of the 16th century that the manor acquired the name of Château. Today, the winegrower’s name is Hubert Deffois. He took over the reins of the farm acquired by his grandfather in 1919. The estate faces the springs of the Layon and its stony slopes. The 44 hectare vineyard is located on the southern slope of the hillside, between Cléré sur Layon and Passavant.