Domaine D'Astruc d'A Viognier Lot 18

Domaine D’Astruc d’A Viognier Lot 18


  • Our best selling Viognier!
  • Incredibly versatile wine that pairs well with spicy dishes.

Varietal Composition: 100% Viognier

Elaboration: Destemming of the grapes, skin contact for 4 hours for the grapes from the older vineyard, pneumatic press, racking at 50°F. 4 weeks fermentation under low controlled temperatures with a maximum temperature of 64°F. Malolactic fermentation for 20% of the Cuvée. 15% of the Viognier finishes its fermentation in new oak barrels and has been aged in oak barrels for 3 months. The remaining 85%  is aged in stainless steel.

Tasting Notes: Bright gold yellow with yellow tints. Rich and elegant with a quintessence of dry fruits, peach and white flower aromas with a hint of vanilla/ honey notes. Fresh and mellow with a long persistence finishing on toasted notes.




Domaine Astruc was founded by Jean Astruc in 1862, and the property is situated at the foot of the Pyrenean Mountain range, between 200 and 300 metres above sea level in the Limoux region. Domaine Astruc comprises 80 hectares in AOP Limoux (coastal zone), AOP Malepère, and IGP Pays d’Oc, of which 25 hectares are certified organic and 55 are farmed sustainably. Jean-Claude Mas sourced grapes here for years and acquired the property in 2002. Since then Jean Claude has brought his inimitable enthusiasm and charisma to this property, and over the last fifteen years Domaine Astruc has emerged as one of France’s leaders when it comes to IGP Pays d’Oc that over-delivers on value. Third-generation Jacques Astruc continues to manage all farming there to this day.

Print Shelf Talker