Oliver’s Taranga Corrina’s Shiraz Cabernet
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Corrina’s Shiraz Cabernet is co-fermented, field blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz, made only in years when both varieties reach optimum ripeness at harvest.
- Oliver’s Taranga has been in the Oliver family for six generations.
- They have a unique collection of small batch, handcrafted wines on their 100 hectare ‘Taranga’ property.
- McLaren Vale is well known for premium grape varieties.
- Corrina Wright is an award winning winemaker who produces iconic wines from McLaren Vale, an iconic wine region.
Varietal Composition: 35% Shiraz, 65% Cabernet Sauvignon
Elaboration: The parcel of old vine Cabernet destined for our DJ Reserve Cabernet was accidently transferred into the Corrinas’ blend. As a result, it has a higher percentage of Cabernet than usual and is one of the best we have ever made….and we have a little bit more volume, so we won’t sell out as fast!
Tasting Notes: Lifted chocolate mint Cabernet characters fill the nose, with blue and blackberry fruits. Palate Rich mulberry and mint chocolate biscuit, slippery texture, lively acidity and crunchy tannins.
2018 – 90 Wine Advocate | 91 Wine Enthusiast