Bodegas Dios Baco Medium Sherry
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Its delicate fragrance of flowers, which at the same time is sharp on the nose, alerts us to the classic aroma of an old and fine Sherry.
- This wine represents the highest level of oxidative aging and presents, like the dry Oloroso, notes of wood but which at no time hide its other qualities.
- Bodegas Dios Baco NV Medium Sherry comes from a very old Amontillado, which has been raised as a fino for more than 8 years and then has aged aged another 10 years as Amontillado.
- Its alcohol content of 18° allows you to enjoy in a balanced way all the sensations it opens on the palate, with its long flavor and penetrating aroma.
- Serve between 15° and 20° C
Varietal Composition: 97% Palomino Fino, 3% Pedro Ximenez
Elaboration: After initial fermentation and examination of the Flor that develops inside the barrels of still wine from the Palomino Fino grapes, a determination is made for each barrel whether it is to become Fino or Oloroso. The wines are then fortified 15%-17% alcohol and they become part of a solera. Fino remains pure palomino and great pains are taken to maintain its vigorous Flor. Oloroso has some sweet muscatel blended in. Fino ages a minimum of 5 years while Oloroso ages for at least 8. Manzanilla is a Fino whose aging takes place in the town of Sanlúcar de Barrameda. Amontillado is a Fino whose Flor has not held up and thus is fortified with more alcohol and sweetened. Cream is a highly sweetened version of the Oloroso. Fractional blending takes equal amounts from the bottom barrels of the oldest wines and refills from barrels of younger wines above as the oldest wines are bottled. Pedro Ximénez begins by sun drying grapes prior to pressing. Once the must is fermented, they are then added to their own “PX” solera for aging.
Tasting Notes: Amber in color and with an aroma of nuts and hints of flowers, it is a medium dry wine, long on the palate and deeply sensory. It comes almost entirely from Palomino grapes, with a soft touch of Pedro Ximenez grapes that soften its color, aroma and flavor.
NV – 90 Wine Spectator | 92 Wine & Spirit