Cherries & Rainbows GSM San Soufre
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Coming from Minervois, a natural, organic, and biodynamic GSM blend made with no sulphur (“Sans Soufre” in French) added.
- The grapes are farmed organically and biodynamically, grown at zero altitude overlooking the Mediterranean bay near Narbonne in Minervois.
- The result of extreme discipline in the vineyard and winery, it’s a wine that’s as expressive and unique as its winemaker Robert Eden who crafted it.
- Cherries & Rainbows reflects a certain winemaking philosophy, which emphasizes investment in high-quality raw materials and relies on minimal intervenion winemaking tactics.
- Biodynamic, No Sulphur added, Natural, Organic, and Vegan
Varietal Composition: 50% Grenache 30% Syrah 20% Mourvedre
Elaboration: Harvested at phenolic ripeness and fermented with no added yeast, the grapes are aged in small concrete tanks. Each variety is vinified separately and then blended towards the end of the winemaking process.
Tasting Notes: The ripeness and inherent nature of each grape comes through in the final product, with the Grenache showing dark, round fruit, the Syrah contributing spice and earth, and the Mourvèdre bringing structure and an herbal quality.
Winc was founded in 2012 by Xander Oxman and Geoff McFarlane because of a shared belief that wine should be more accessible: simpler to get and easier to enjoy. They joined forces with winemaker and sommelier Brian Smith to build a personalized wine club that has quickly grown into Winc—a California-based winery offering an online membership experience, with wines that are featured at select retailers and restaurants nationwide.
Winc’s mission is to create wine brands that speak to today’s drinker. As the largest digital-first wine company in the US, they are able to leverage their customer data to curate a sought-after selection of brands, like Summer Water and Folly of the Beast. Once a wine proves successful, Winc partners with wholesalers, retailers and restaurants to introduce it to a larger audience.
Winc takes pride in the fact that our approach to grape sourcing and winemaking is progressive and thoughtful. Since their inception and the unique skill-sets that make up their wine team, has allowed them to be successful at small-lot winemaking, and apply those small-lot winemaking techniques and philosophies to winemaking at scale.
The relationships that Winc has developed with their growers and farmers are their backbone. They allow Winc to leverage tools like grafting and acreage contracts to optimize the price to quality ratio on the grapes they purchase, while also enabling them to drive the farming in the vineyards they source from and push the boundaries in their winemaking.